How To Create Marketing Content For The Millennial
Today, marketers have a wide range of different content types to create; from video to blogs (vlogs even), from memes to whitepapers, With such a wide variety of content types available to marketers, it’s important to pick the right type of content for your target audience for maximum benefit. Content marketing can be time-consuming so it’s important to know which types of content works best for your target audience.
While your target audience could be segmented in a number of ways depending on your product or services, such as job title or location, we want to have a look at what types of content can appeal to different age groups (In this case, the millennial.)
Millennials, or Generation Y (18 – 34 years old)
The millennials have a short attention span, like things on the go and quick, and are generally visually stimulated. The millennials are:
- Large internet users and can regularly multi-task so content needs to be attention-grabbing.
- React to incentives and offers.
- Brevity is key – want information quickly.
- Mobile-driven (and tablet use).
- Articles or written content should be short and concise.
This would mean that they would love the following kinds of content:
- Video (short)
- Promotional emails & discounts
- Blogs (shorter)
- Social media
- Lists and facts
- Emotional content – i.e. (real-life perspectives, stories)
- Beneficial content i.e. recipes, checklists, guides
The information above provides a guide around the most commonly preferred content for the millennial age group. However, you must make sure that the types of content also align with your business; its brand values, messages, and services.
Kindly let us know your thoughts regarding this subject matter via a comment. Also, remember to hit the share button and spread good content! Cheers!