Importance Of Digital Out-Of-Home To Your Business
“The ability to dynamically optimize a message based on real-world events and real time data triggers – such as weather conditions, current events, social media or sports scores–which allows for on-the-fly customization across many Digital out-of-home platforms. This is something static OOH just cannot offer”
Charles Vollerslev (President of Out-of-home and Location Marketer, Posterscope USA.)
Digital Out-of-home Advertising is an evolution of Out-of-home advertising, one of the oldest forms of advertising. Recent research suggests that digital outdoor advertising contributes to almost 30% of OOH revenues worldwide.
What is Digital out-of-home advertising?
Digital Out-of-home Advertising (DOOH) refers to digital media that appear in environments accessible to the public. This includes digital billboards, outdoor signage, a network of screens found in malls, pharmacies etc.
What are the benefits of DOOH?
- More impactful way of advertising than static billboards.
- Opportunity for brands to use storytelling which improves retention and brand recall. Also using interactive advertising
- Rich data and analytical insights that can help make data-driven decisions on advertising.
- Extended audience reach.
- Ads on DOOH are unavoidable.
- It allows content variation and better control of advertising than static billboards, posters etc.
- Reduced management cost
What to expect of DOOH
According to “Digital OOH-Global Market Trajectory and Analytics, The global market for DOOH advertising is projected to reach US $26.9 Billion by 2025 driven by the distinct shift towards digital technology in the media world, led by the advent of the latest technologies and devices.